Friday, August 10, 2007

Monistat for hair growth...WTH?

Ladies, its the ingredient(Miconazole nitrate!) in the monistat that works Read down and you will see exactly why.
Here a thread I posted a while back on LHCF:

Yeast and Dandruff...
So I am sitting here at work scratching my head and I see dandruff... I am wondering what really causes dandruff? Most would say dirt. But that answer is not good enough for me so I start surfing the net to see what is dandruff. I was so amazed at my answers so i decided to share. I now see why some of yall have used monistat on your hair. High five to yall!!! here are my findings I copied and pasted from this website:
http://www.dr-earles.com/html/dandruff.html


There is a yeast that grows in the scalp, including in the oil glands, which go deeply into the scalp. This yeast causes the condition,dandruff or Seborrheic Dermatitis, the medical name for dandruff.How does yeast cause dandruff?First, understand that every hair on the scalp is surrounded by, or/and is intimately associated with an oil gland. The oil gland usually shares with the hair follicle, the same opening to the scalp. In the healthy state, the oil gland secretes a tiny amount of oil which lubricates the hair and scalp.


The yeast that lives in the oil glands and on the scalp in fact actually eats the oil. THIS IS ITS FOOD! (WTF) (SO THAT'S WHERE MY OIL IS GOING!)The oil is therefore, not there to lubricate the hair and scalp. The decrease or absence of oil causes dryness and flaking. Dryness by itself can cause itching. The presence of the yeast in large numbers can also cause considerable inflammation, which is another cause of itching. Thus, a person with dandruff may itch for two different lesions, dryness and inflammation. If itching is severe, subsequent scratching can cause breakage of the skin and with resultant bleeding, and sometimes, infection as well. This inflammation and infection may even cause temporary, patchy hair loss. These episodes may lead to a condition called folliculitis. Chronic folliculitis can cost permanent hair loss....now to all of you who actually read ALL OF THAT..... That stops the myth to those who actually believe dandruff grows the hair!
Now if you are still not convinced about monistat check this article out: Miconazole nitrate hair growth

1 comment: