Thursday, April 30, 2009

Bad Ingredient in Hair Products: Paraffin


So I was over one of my favorite blogs and I saw a comment where a person informed the author that Paraffin was one of the ingredients in a product. I heard of Paraffin but I wasn't sure what it was. I remember looking at some products early in the day and wondering why this ingredient stuck out to me. I thought it could have been related to petroleum but I was way off.

So I searched the net and found that liquid paraffin is used to remove hair!! Nearly every link I clicked referred Paraffin to wax. WTF? So why would it be in a hair product? Umm maybe I was missing something. The title of the article was: "Liquid Paraffin for Hair Loss". Constant use of it will produce traction alopecia. When used on facial or body hair, the hope is always that the hair will not grow back. Waxing your hair makes it go away, not come back. Paraffin is beeswax, that is extremely bad for your hair so don’t go for it.

1 comment: