Monday, October 10, 2011

Monistat for Hair Growth Part II

This stuff really works! If you haven’t heard it by now, I know what you are probably saying! “Girrrrrl, what you talkin about using yeast infection cream on my head?”

Yup, that is EXACTLY what I am talking about. Some people hear yeast cream and nasty is the next thing that pops up in their head. But bare with me and be open minded and do not knock it until you educate yourself on it. J So read on sista! Reading is knowledge and knowledge is power and hair growth. J

My Story: How I Used Monistat for Hair Growth…

During the time I was using Monistat for hair growth it helped my hair to grow a lot! It grew about 1 and ½ inch in 1 month and a week. But I stopped using it because it was too much of a hassle to apply it with my micro braids. It would leave a white residue and I didn’t have time to wait for it to disappear. So shortly after that I started using liquid based growth aids for hair growth instead of the Monistat. Anyways on to the good stuff and how I used Monistat for hair growth.

Why use Monistat for hair growth?

Did you know that there is a yeast that grows in our scalps. It also grows in our oil glands, which go deep into the scalp. That yeast is what causes us to have dandruff or Seborrheic Dermatitis. ß That is a medical name for dandruff. J

So how exactly does this Monistat help with hair growth?

If you are African American like myself you should already know that because of our natural curl pattern, it’s hard for our natural oils to spread throughout our hair. Our oil gland shares with the hair follicle the same opening to the scalp. Let me say that again….your oil gland and your hair follicle come out of the same hole in your scalp. J If your scalp is healthy , the oil gland secrets a small amount of oil which in turn lubricates the scalp and hair. But in an unhealthy state the yeast that lives on the scalp and in the oil gland EATS the oil thus causing you to have dry scalp. So if you use Monistat to get rid of that yeast it will give you a clean scalp and your natural oils will flow freely causing hair growth from Monistat. But as African Americans or people with hair textures of 4, we have to take the extra step and add additional moisture to our hair, but the Monistat will assist in keeping our scalp clean.

Are there any sides effects?

From the forums the ladies have reported having headaches, tenderness or sensitive spots on scalp or some shedding. For each person its different. But don’t knock it until you try it. BUT like any other drug stop immediate use if you experience any of these sides effects because I don’t want to be responsible. So I warned you. J But I will tell you this I continued using it when I experienced a headache, lol.

How to use it?

I applied it straight out of the tube. Some people like to mix it with oils or water. I don’t like this concept because I do not like mixing products because you can never know what the effect of mixing a product might cause.

Here are the steps I took to apply Monistat to my scalp for hair growth:

1. Apply Monistat to sectioned hair and apply directly to scalp

2. Apply Scurl to scalp and ends of hair

3. Seal hair ends with coconut oil

4. Apply night scarf and sleep.

Yup, it’s that easy. I did that every 2 or 3 days and I got growth. Thanks for reading and let me know how it turns out for you. J


No comments:

Post a Comment