Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Review: Lacio Lacio and Salerm Dominican Leave in Conditioner

Dominican Products
According to some ladies these are some "What's HOT!" products on the market right now. I got mine in the mail yesterday and decided to try it on my twist. I didn't want to overdo it so I used the Lacio Lacio first since that one gets the most raves. Here's how I applied it:
Even though it says to put on wet hair I decided not to. I was to lazy to wash my twist. Instead I sprayed some S curl on my ends applied the Lacio Lacio, Boundless Tresses on the scalp and sealed my ends with Castor oil. Last night I decided to baggy. Results: The Lacio made my twist very soft. Its a keeper.
This morning I applied the Salerm 21 to my ends. It's kind of two creamy. I thought I was going to have to sit up there and rub it in my twist forever but it dissolved right in. I think I would prefer to use this one on my real hair without the twist.
Salerm Ingredients :
AQUA (WATER), PROPYLENE GLYCOL, CETYL ALCOHOL, GLYCERIN, CETRIMONIUM CHLORIDE, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, SERICA (SILK), PANTHENOL, PARFUM (FARGRANCE), AMODIMETHICONE, SODIUM METHYLPARABEN, CITRIC ACID, TRIDECETH-12, DISODIUM EDTA, C.I.19140 (FD&C YELLOW N'5).
Lacio Lacio Ingredients:
WATER, CETEARYL ALCOHOL, HYDROLIZED SILK, DIMETHICONE COPOLYOL, CETRIMONIUM CHLORIDE, PANTHENOL, DMDM HYDANTOIN, METHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, FRAGRANCE, COLORANT FREE.



5 comments:

  1. I have Lacio Lacio because of it's great reviews too, but I'm on the fence with it. The product does great for roller sets; there is a high shine that it gives the hair but thats about it for me. What's affected my decision not to repurchase it is the labeling confliction. It was noted that this product used to have mink oil but was banned from the US because of it, so they changed the label but NEVER took the mink oil out. It makes me quiver when I think about it because if they can do that how many other products are we using everyday that the manufacturer doesn't feel obligated to list every ingredient? I'm vegan, so does that mean these veggie meats can have a little chicken breast added to them for texture and they don't have to list it?

    I hope you don't think I'm crazy, I am just upset and disturbed. I'm kinda pro PETA so if I won't wear mink fur I don't want their oil either. For now I am just using this product up and will be sticking primarily to Aveda products only to avoid the paranoia of untrue labels (and their Brilliant Emollient Finish Gloss gives a much more intense shine :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I hope my previous comment didn't upset you. I don't want to make anybody feel bad for using it. A lot of people like what the oil does to their hair. The Animal oil isn't the general issues, it's just the deceit in labeling just for the purpose of having of a sale. I'm sure everyone can agree that when we are reading ingredient lists on food or products we want it to be accurate. That's all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Missy!!!

    Lacio Lacio, sounds really good, I'm going to have to try some of these products! Great advice and keep up the hard work!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've tried Salerm... I'm almost out... I'm going to get Lacio Lacio next.

    ReplyDelete