Sunday, October 28, 2007

My Edges and Micro's

..What! Who ever said that micros make your edges fall out? In my case that's a darn lie. I didn't wanna say it like that but I have been wearing micros straight since 2005 and because I baby my edges they have stayed healthy and full. Watch in a couple of days they fall out! LOL!

Now before you go back saying I don't know what I am talking about.... I agree its true that micros can make your edges fall out if your stylist braids your hair too tight. But its up to you to make sure you baby them suckas :) Take then down if they are to tight and just swoop some braids over that side. Hey you just gotta do what you gotta do if you want that hair girl! Well anyway...here's a picture of my edges. Naww I dont just talk but here's proof. Excuse the hair. I refused to get a perm this time.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I've really enjoyed reading your blog and am currently in the process of growing out my relaxer (8 months strong) and am considering getting either micros or kinky twists till its done and so I can exercise without worrying about sweating out my hair. My hair is pretty thick and I had micros years ago and my edges broke off. How long do you usually keep them in? Also, where in Alabama do you get yours done? Any advice you could give on maintaing my hair with braids or if getting kinky twists or another style would help it stay healthy would be greatly appreciated!!

    Hope to hear from you soon!!
    ~GMP

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Gina,
    Thanks for the comment. Congad's on the 8 months stretch! Micos really helped me do my 1 year stretch. I keep my entire head of braids in for 4 months. If I notice my edges starting to hang really bad I go ahead and take them out and just place them behind my ears. I get my braids done at this African Braid Shop about 4 miles from the BHM Airport. It's in the hood girl! The advice I would give for maintaining braids is to just keep it simple. Make sure you moisturize the scalp and braids daily. Remember to lock with an oil. Wash and co-wash at least once a week. Make sure you sleep with a silk bonnet. HTH's!

    ReplyDelete