Monday, May 4, 2009

The Benefits of Using Reconstructors and Protein


So I joined healthy textures and I paid my $9.99 monthly fee just to see what it was about. I actually like the site and she has some informative info that can benefit a newbie to hair care or it can be a refresher course to the veteran. One of the things I learned from the site is that while I am concentrating on conditioning I need to remember to use reconstructors and light proteins if I plan on not trimming my ends. I now see how that step is detrimental to retaining length.

Conditioner only temporary strengthens the cuticle layer of the hair shaft. Remember the cuticle area is the shingle or scale like things that protect the cortex that’s inside of the hair strand. When that cuticle is damaged and doesn’t lay flat then you can expect dull hair amongst other problems. Using conditioner is good for the time being because it will assist in holding those split ends in tact. That is where the reconstructor comes into play. Unlike conditioner reconstructors can penetrate the hair shaft thus helping you retain length longer and nourishing the hair shaft.

The reconstructor is able to get into that hair shaft and fill in the main areas with the hydrolyzed protein. But again it’s only temporary. So what does that mean? Yes you guessed it. If you have badly damaged hair its best to trim it. Did you know that one of the ingredients in Megatek is hydrolyzed keratin protein?

I am going to try and concentrate on using my aphogee 2 min reconstructor at least one a week after a regular wash.

1 comment: