Monday, May 11, 2009

Eggs and Your Hair...



Every time we go onto the BSS (Beauty Supply Store) there is a new intriguing product that promises longer, thicker and healthier hair. To the average girl that knows nothing about hair care or a little about ingredients then she will probably wind up picking up the worst product and wasting her money. You can never trust commercial products. If you want the real stuff get with the natural products that you are already using on ya sandwiches like mayonnaise, or the stuff you are eating for breakfast like eggs or go steal some honey from some bees! LOL. Eggs, honey, cider vinegar and olive oil not only make a wonderful salad dressing, but also are great for use on hair to give you smooth, silky locks.

Ya’ll already know if it’s about hair I am all for it and if its “natural hair care” then I’m a get with it. And don’t be acting like back in the day momma didn’t slap some eggs or mayonnaise in ya nappy azz head! (J/k!) Okay enough joking. I was on LHCF this morning and a young lady posted an article about eggs and hair care which brought me to do a little research on eggs.

The Benefits if Using Eggs in Hair

Raw eggs contain a significant concentration of essential proteins and nutrients. Because of the high protein content, eggs can be used to strengthen hair follicles. Likewise, the nutrients work much like conditioners to add volume, shine and texture. Raw eggs can be used in the same fashion as a standard conditioner. Many recipes for egg-based conditioners call for added ingredients. The addition of olive oil, lemon juice and other ingredients are common. However, the application of a single egg, two eggs for thick hair, is an effective and simple method to strengthen and thicken the hair. Using eggs as a conditioning agent is simple. Simply beat an egg as if you were making a scrambled egg. Massage the scrambled egg into your hair and scalp. Let the egg sit in the hair for at least 15 minutes. Rinse the hair with cool or lukewarm water. Be careful not to use hot water unless you want to struggle to remove it. Hot water can partially cook and harden the egg, making it more difficult to rinse from the hair.


4 comments:

  1. I love putting eggs in my hair:) Sometimes I mix it with mayo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey ,I'm french, so escuz me for my english! I just tell u your blog is GREAATT !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice article about hair loss. I really found your articles informative and beneficial.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I rinse my hair with iht nine shampoo and really happy with results.

    ReplyDelete