Thursday, June 25, 2009

Indian Herbs

Above is my stash
I found this useful info from the long hair community:

Indian herbs have been used for thousands of years and are still being used and will probably stay around for another thousands of years. Here are some of the things that Indian herbs are good for:

Methi - It makes the pastes very mushy, soft, and easy to apply, and rinse out and it is a great herbal conditioner I have tried so far.
Neem - (powder or leaves) can help get rid of pimples and dandruff,lice. Good hair conditioner too if you dont mind the smell.
Amla (gooseberry) - Thickens, darkens, and nourishes hair.
Shikakai - Hair cleanser,great alone or mixed
Aritha (whole or powder) - Helps rid hair of dandruff. Hair cleanser
Mehandi (henna) - Strengthens,adds shine and conditions hair. Also used as a herbal hair dye.
Chandan - Smells heavenly! Conditions and helps darken hair.
Til (sesame) - Promotes hair growth, darkens hair,sunscreen.
Bhringraj - Darkens, strengthens, and conditions hair. (I have found that it is best used in conjunction with other herbs for more beneficial conditioning).
Coconut - (used as oil or milk) conditioning,strengthens,helps keep hairs dark,cooling to the body and head.
Castor oil - maintains thickness and darkness of hair(used for light treatments with other oils).
With that being said I am going to do a Tea Rinse tonight with Alma and Tusli powder because I am out of my Bhringraj and Brahmi. :( I will try to take pictures of it. I remember last time I was home I tried to do the paste and punked out because my hair was getting to hard. I caked it all on top of my head like a retard...lol. I got lucky that time, but this time I am going to stick to the rinses. Here is a picture of when I piled it on top of my head:





No comments:

Post a Comment