Thursday, February 10, 2011

JBCO has a PH of 10 - WOW! <-- That ='s Bad 4 My Hair!

Here is a quick video I did one day ago and decided to edit it today while I sit here bored in Baghdad. :( I am in transit on vacation again. :) Below are also a few tips I picked up from various sites concerning pH. Man I didnt know pH was so critical to my hair. After testing my products I narrowed it down to Nu Growth Hair Products. The pH was the best and they used alot of natural products. I instantly noticed a difference. My new growth was VERY soft to comb through and shiny after air drying. Once I get to Bama I will be testing my moisturizers and doing some more studying. I owe this to Kimmaytube on Youtube. The lady is awesome and her videos are fun to watch. Okay enough of my blabbing. Watch the video and read the quick notes underneath the video. :)



Anything above a pH of 8 starts working like a chemical treatment.

alkali will open up the cuticle and an acid will flatten it

alkaline means that the product has a pH level of 7 or over and it is a non-acidic product. The cuticle opens up when an alkaline substance is applied to it

Acidic Hair Products
Most hair products don’t contain strong acids other than some perming solutions. Conditioner has a slightly acid pH. Mild acid has a an opposite effect to alkalis and flattens the cuticle making your hair easier to comb and look shinier.

an alkali product will open up the cuticle. A small amount of baking soda disolved in warm water will do it.
Heat will also help open the cuticle

Close cuticle with cold water

An acidic shampoo or conditioner (pH below 6.9) causes the hair cuticle to lay down resulting in a smooth manageable hair.
An alkaline shampoo or conditioner (pH above 7.1) causes the cuticle to raise resulting in tangled unmanageable hair

the pH of sebum (hair's natural oil that is created by your scalp) is 5
to get maximum hair benefits use products that have a pH that mirrors the hair's natural pH of 4.5-5.5 (slightly acidic)
alkalies OPEN the hair's cuticle and acids CLOSE the cuticle - hair is it's strongest when the cuticle is closed
water has a pH of 7
baking soda has a pH of 8 or 9
apple cider vinegar has a pH of 2-3
hair relaxers have a pH range of 9-14 which alters your hair strands from being naturally acidic to very alkaline
LYE relaxers have a pH of 10-14
NO-LYE relaxers have a pH of 9-10

http://www.naturalgmonet.com/2011/01/test-ph.html <-- Good reference site :)

No comments:

Post a Comment