Sunday, December 6, 2015

My Natural Hair Moisture Mix for my 4c Natural Hair

I am so tired of being a product junkie! Products work for some time and I get all excited thinking I have found the perfect product THEN all hell breaks loose. I was feeling the Design Essentials Daily Moisturizing lotion! I am not ready to end the relationship with it yet ....BUT after using it daily  and applying castor oil on top of it...it starts to act like a glue! This starts to happen after about 1 week of applying it without washing my hair. It helps my hair clump very nicely but its not worth it because it becomes so sticky where its hard for me to finger detangle. I know its the combo mix. The DE is sticky and the castor oil being thick doesn't make it any better. So for right now its on ice.

Soooooo on a mission to find a less expensive sorta natural combo I mixed the products below and SO far so good! 1. I applied the Oyin to my scalp and massaged it thru the length of my hair. 2. Next I apply the Wave Nouveau to the length of hair. 3. I used my blender to mix Glycerin, castor oil and coconut oil. I applied that to my scalp and the length of my hair.  It seemed to stretch my hair.  I twisted my hair and did the "drop bantu" knots on the ends and applied my head thingy. My hair is soft and stays VERY moisturized overnight.

Now I feel like at least now I am starting to gain some control of knowing WHAT product/ingredient I am using in my hair. I need to find a replacement for the Wave Nouveau tho.

These pictures were taken at 3am so excuse the mug face lol.





No comments:

Post a Comment