Monday, August 13, 2007

Review: Silicon Mix


Silicon Mix (Dominican Product)
This product is available at BLUEBEEZ. They give you a 2% discount on all purchases and they have all sizes available. I never ordered from them so I do not know about shipping.
I was in heaven when I went to this site....until I found out they do not ship APO! In no way am I affiliated with this site. I am just trying to pass the word on how to save a buck.
Now on to business with my review of this product!
First I turned on my heating cap and let it sit while I applied this product to the roots and ends of my twist. After I finished I placed a shower cap on my head and sat under the heating cap for about 50 minutes. I was going to do it for an hour but I was getting sleepy.
Next I went to the shower and let the water rinse the product out. (I didn't use my hair net) I noticed my hair felt kinda hard.
After the product was rinsed out I co washed with Suave Vanilla and Honey. After I finished my shower I applied some Giovanni Leave in to the ends of my hair, sprayed the ends with infusium 23 leave in and sprayed my whole head except my scalp with S Curl. After all of that I sealed with Castor oil. I decided not to use the Boundless Tresses because I wanted to see if the Silicon Mix actually softened my hair because it was still feeling hard.
In the morning I woke up and applied the Giovanni Leave in to my ends and went to work. I didn't want to put anything on my scalp since my roots were still damp and remember I wanted to see how soft this stuff made my hair feel.
Time now: It's 12:30 noon in Afghan. I have been touching my roots ALL day. I am amazed at how my roots feel moisturized. My hair hasn't felt this good in a while. I cant believe it because in the shower it felt kinda dry. I was wondering if the product was just "coating" my hair. But the more I think about it when I touch my scalp and look at my hands they are not greasy. So I guess its not coating. I posted a thread on LHCF about coating so I will see what the others say.

Overall if this product is not "coating" my hair. I give it a 10 ++++++! Could this possible be another staple of mine? We will see!






3 comments:

  1. CAn you buy this at a bbs or do you have to order it online?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some Beauty Supply stores might have it. I am not sure though. But if you have a Dominican Salon in your neighborhood I am sure they will let you buy a bottle from them. Good luck and thanks for posting! :)

    ReplyDelete