Tuesday, August 14, 2007

So you got a "Fresh set of Braids".... Are they pulling?

Are they too tight? Are they pulling those edges girl? But they look good right?
Yes we are all guilty of it so don't feel bad.

We all want those micros that won't slip because we just paid $200.00 to get them done. Some of us like myself have to keep them in for 3 1/2 to 4 months so we endure the pain of the stylist using her knuckles and fingertips to catch our hair. Its amazing the whole strand of hair don't just give up and come out. Yeah they look nice in the beginning but I don't know about you but its a painful experience for my head and scalp after she is finished. I hardly sleep that night because if I lay on my head it hurts. If I reposition the hair it hurts. I'm just S.O.L! Spraying oil sheen on it helps for like 5 minutes and its back to the pain. Did you know that oil sheen has alcohol in it? So its just drying your hair out and if your scalp is dry and there pain do you actually think your scalp is going to be relieved? Okay enough of my preaching...

How can you ease the pain? Get you a carrier oil such as jojoba (my favorite) or some Castor oil and apply it to the roots whenever you feel your scalp hurting. If it hurts to rub it in the scalp get a nozzle tip bottle and use it. Try to massage it in your scalp without messing up the braids. This definitely works for me. When I got these twist this time around it felt like my head was on FIRE! I didn't have any jojoba oil so I used some other kind and it worked. Man was I happy! Also when you start getting those little bumps try using some Castor oil or 100% pure Aloe Vera at the first sign. Believe me it HELPS. You can purchase the Aloe Vera and Jojoba oil at www.drugstore.com
*Also ladies remember the most important thing is just because there is something to help ease the pain we should at all cost avoid getting them put in to tight. If you get them put in too tight and you do not take care of your hair it can lead to serious problems down the road that sometimes are not always reversible. But if this has already happened to you don't feel bad just pick yourself back up and educate yourself on it! HTH's!*

1 comment: