Friday, November 28, 2008

Daily Maintenance of Hair

Okay quiz!
What should we always remember to do to our hair daily?
Here's a clue:



Answer: Moisturize!

Remember your hair needs to be moisturized daily. You will need to moisturize daily with a water based moisturizer and lock it in with oil.
Water Based Moisturizer penetrates the hair shaft; oil coats the hair shaft (and seals moisture in or out). To use the two effectively, you will need to apply your water based moisturizer first, then the oil. If you are like me and you work in a dry climate, carry a small spray bottle of water in your purse to ensure that your hair is not drying out.

Ladies, stop using hair GREASE on your scalp! The reason for this is that all grease products that contain petrolatum, lanolin, and mineral oil do not moisturize your hair effectively. Instead they seal moisture in or out of your hair. That is one of the reasons you see people with dry dull hair. Ahhh, it irks me to see a female in the hair store with a jar of grease ready to purchase it!



1 comment:

  1. thanks for adding my blog...My hair, my way. I have a new one at blogger. Vannahair.blogspot.com. I don't like wordpress layout. Please check it out and add that one as well. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete