Saturday, December 13, 2008

Taking Down My Braids...

So yesterday on the 12th I arrived in the states. I decided to stay in a hotel before I went home so I could get a lil piece of mind before I saw my family. I woke up at 2 am because of the time difference and started taking down some braids. Ya'll I am loving my roots. I am also finding that spraying the braids before I comb them out helps with detangling the shed / dirt balls. Anyhooo, now I hate it because I am debating on whether or not I should get a relaxer. Lets see here's my comparison list:

Why NOT to Relax:
1. Its only been 4 months
2. Why relax when I am only getting micros again and PLUS I leave in 2 weeks.
3. I can't play in my hair and wash it one million times...lol
4. I can try and get a roller set or one of the wigs I been dying for. :)
5. There are other ways of straightening my hair for a update picture.
6. I can try a braid out or twist or or WHATEVER it is! :)
7. Patience is the key to success. 
8. Reflect back on what happened when I waited a YEAR to relax. 

Why I WANT to relax:
1. I want to see the actual length of my hair. I want updates! :(
2. I want to wear my hair out for the holidays.
3. I want my hair to be more manageable.

 But when it boils down to it I need to remember my goal which is thicker healthier hair. Achieving that is NOT going to come from relaxing for petty reasons. So right now ya'll I am a lil iffy, but if I decide not to relax I will come up with some kind of UPDATE! 

No comments:

Post a Comment