Friday, January 9, 2009

Thin to Thick Spolight.. Check out Latingirly112484 Progress!

Hey Girls,
I am going to try and post a blog post every time I find a girl that has successfully went from thin ends to thick ends. This is just a little motivation for us who are having trouble with thin ends. For this month I am shining the spotlight on Latingirly112484!!! When I saw her progress I couldn't help but emailing her buggin her with 100 questions! Her progress is amazing! See what hair care can do for you. Latingirly you are PROOF that it can be done! Thanks Girlie!



LATINGIRLY....FROM THIN TO THICK!

CHECK OUT HER INTERVIEW BELOW:


How long did it take you to get your ends to thicken up? It took me exactly 2 years for my hair to get to where it is right now! Patience is key; I have never had healthy hair because I had no idea how to take care of it until I found Long hair care forum and black hair media.

Did you have to cut off your thin ends? Yup, in order for me to start my healthy journey I had to get rid of the bad ends.

What is your regimen? My regimen has been stretching relaxers at least 12 weeks. My hair type is 4a/b. Moisturize daily with Hawaiian silky 14 in 1. I co-wash every 2 days (but will be stopping this, because it dries my hair). I hardly ever use shampoo because it’s too dry on my hair and from now on only dusting my ends. I could have had longer hair if it wasn’t for scissor happy stylist. Thank god I found Juanita from Dominican essence salon she relaxed my hair today but only dusted a tiny bit. Also make sure u deep condition with heat! Drink lots of water. Low manipulation, I don't use gel or small tooth combs. Indian products are fantastic! That’s it!

What products or what method helped the most in thickening up your hair? Stretching my relaxers , low manipulation , Indian products(alma oil and shikakai oil) and deep condition ( 1egg, coconut or olive oil and VO05 moisturizing conditioner)

How many times a week do you deep condition? I deep condition once a week

What tips would you recommend a newbie? The most important tip would most definitely be to be very very very ^1000 patient! If you think getting healthy hair and growing long hair is going to happen overnight your heading for failure. It takes time and consistency. Getting to know your hair needs by experimenting with different products.
***Thanks LatinGirly for sharing your experience with us! Good luck on growing longer, thicker and healthier hair***

1 comment:

  1. Great results! But, two years is alot! She must have ALOT of patience lol.

    ReplyDelete