Monday, December 14, 2009

The Oil Cleansing Method (OCM)

I've been trying to hold out on posting this until I see more results but I cant hold it any longer! :) (diarrhea mouth, lol) I have stopped using all my facial cleaners and scrubs AND moisturisers and have been using nothing but castor oil, jojoba and tea tree oil. Ya'll I can honestly say TRY it at least for a week and you will not turn back. I am sooooo happy I finally found something for my skin that works and I dont have to worry about a pimple popping up. If it does I just apply some oil to it and let the oil unclog. :) Eww nasty, right but it works.

More Info:
"OCM involves two essential oils extra virgin olive oil and castor oil. The castor oil is an extremely good cleanser. It will remove dirt and dead skin cells from your pores without stripping the natural oil balance of your skin or mucking around with your skins natural pH. Extra virgin olive oil is an awesome moisturizer that is packed full of goodies for your skin, like antioxidants. Both oils are safe to use on acne prone and blemished skin. In fact, its probably the best and most gentle cleanser to use on problem skin."

How To Do The Oil Cleansing Method (OCM)

You need to start with a dry face, so its best to do the OCM before or after your shower. Pour a generous amount of the oil mix into the palm of your hand then gently massage it into the skin on your face and neck. Take as long as you like, sometimes I like to take up to several minutes. Sit down and relax and enjoy the process. You can even sit down in front of the TV and do it. The amount of time you spend really depends on how much time you have. If you only have 30 seconds to spare then thats okay.

Steam your face. You can fill a bowl with hot water and put your face over it with a towel over your head, or using a special steaming pot. The easy way is to soak a face washer with hot water, ring it out, then place the hot washer on your face for a minute or so. This process opens your pores so the oils can get right in there and give you a deep cleanse.

Gently massage the oils into your face again. This time you dont need to take as long as you did in step 1.

Wet a face washer with warm water then gently wipe the oil off your face. You will also be wiping off dirt and dead skin cells.

If your skin is dry or tight, put a small amount of the oil mix onto your fingertips then pat the oil on your face. Make sure you then rub the oil in so you dont have any oily patches. Its really important to make sure the oil is rubbed in properly so you dont get any breakouts.

Thats it! Youll find that you skin will become a lot softer and will even glow after just a couple of days. It will not work wonders for your acne overnight but it will make your skin as healthy as it can be which will give a chance for your acne to heal.

Check out my comparison pic's in my video on YouTube. :)


2 comments:

  1. That's a HUGE difference. Your skin looks great. OMG your complexion looks smooth and even. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love your blog, you have a wide variety of tips, i really enjoy reading. So this oil cleanse, I think its really gonna be good for my dry skin I get in the winter.
    check out my blog sometime, I just started it

    http://haircandyinc.blogspot.com

    thanks!

    ReplyDelete