Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The Fresh Air Fund

Hey Ladies,

I was sent this email today to pass along the word. It sorta struck home for me. I mother passed when I was 9 years old of kidney failure. At first I was staying with my Aunt and her daughter. So I know how beneficial a program such as "Fresh Air" can do for a child's moral. At that time I was involved in the Catholic Big Brothers/ Big Sister program.

Please check out their website. This is just a free post. I have not been offered any items for this post. Sara sent me a honest str8 to the point email and thats what I like.

"The Fresh Air Fund is in need of host families for this summer. Host families are volunteers who open their hearts and homes to children from the city to give them a Fresh Air experience that can change lives. If you could help to get the word out it would really help us place these wonderful children into a loving host family. It's only for up to two weeks, but it's an experience that can change their lives forever."
:
http://freshairfundhost.org

1 comment:

  1. Nice to know their still doing this. The Fresh Air Fund is a great program, I participated when I was younger for 2 years. It's a really great learning experience.

    ReplyDelete