Tuesday, June 19, 2012

ThrowBack: Full Lace Wigs and My Lessons Learned

I just wanted to post this throwback full lace wig that I wore back in Iraq. Man I loved this one. I called myself bleaching the knots and it came out good. I forgot what kind of bleach I used. I really need to start documenting this stuff more often :( Anyway I just posted this picture to let you know that lace wigs can look very natural if you just take the time to research and learn. Most people that you see out in the streets with BAD lace wigs have no clue about them or the bad rep they get. They do not even bother to think that a 150% density hairline is so UNREAL! The picture below is when I was in my learning stages. The problem areas I see below is the front. Some of the hairs are mixed in the glue. You are not supposed to glue the hair in the glue. At first I thought this would make it look more natural but later I found out that it draws more attention to your hairline. 2nd Error: When you wear a lace wig, its nice to have a "part"  instead of having the hair pulled straight back. In the picture below my hair is pulled straight back.  Up close it may look good but from a distance it looks like a helmet to me. This can especially be seen in pictures. LOL!  

No comments:

Post a Comment