Monday, July 30, 2012

Mineral Oil and your Hair? Should you use Mineral Oil on your hair?

Now you all know Mineral Oil was a big No Go for use in my hair! But after visiting several sites I may reconsider using mineral oil on my hair. Why? This is why:
One of the greatest benefits of using mineral oil for hair is its ability to hold in moisture. When mineral oil is applied to the hair, it creates a barrier over the cuticles. This prevents moisture from escaping and keeps the hair hydrated. It also prevents additional moisture from penetrating the hair strand

So after reading that I think I will moisturize my hair and apply my coconut oil and THEN apply the mineral oil as a sealant. How does that benefit me?

Well I was using coconut oil as my primary sealant but it can only coat the hair for so long because coconut oil penetrates the hair strand. So when I wear my lace wigs for a week I can rest assured that my moisture is locked in until my next wash.

But be careful.. If you moisture and seal your hair every night, that mineral oil will lock out any additional moisture you try to add to your hair. I will let you ladies know how it works for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment