Wednesday, October 10, 2012

How to Use Mascara to Make a Lace Wig Look Natural!

In August I attempted to bleach the knots on this lace wig and winded up keeping the bleach on it for too long and the lace and roots turned this NASTY color (sorry no pictures)....so I left it alone UNTIL.... I needed to change lace wigs with a color I liked. So I found some brown Rich Auburn Dark & Lovely dye and attempted to color the lace and the roots only. Well it worked a little but it just didnt look right. So I remember a tip my fiance's mother taught me about covering her gray hair at the roots. She pulled out some black mascara and proceeded to color her roots. So that's exactly what I did with this lace wig. I colored the roots and I LOVE it. It makes the unit look so natural. The thing I like about it is that once the mascara dries it not going anywhere. I wonder if I wash it would it fade? Guess I will see.

If you are into purchasing lace wigs like me you know that CV's charge extra for 2 colors. So I believe I will start doing this from now on. I will order units and color them with mascara, lol.  Here are some pictures. I also created a video of me doing this and I plan on posting it to YouTube but I don't want to make any promises :) So here are the pictures for now. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment