Saturday, July 8, 2023

Plant Based Black Girl: How I lost 50 Pounds Fast and Easy (Video Inside)

I can't believe I didn't post my weight loss journey over here. So girl anyway back in November 2018 I decided to go cold turkey after watching the movie called "What the Health." To be honest at first it wasn't about the animals it was about my health. I had just went to get a physical for a job overseas and they told me I was pre-diabetic. Pre- wheeett? Girl yesss!  Just about everyone in my family was a diabetic and that wasn't about to be me. Having a self inflicted illness.... nope nope not on my dime. So that was all the motivation I needed. Them lil Debbie treats had finally caught up to my ass. So at 211.5 pounds I started my journey. My last meat meal was some dry ass chicken breast, carrots and broccoli. 

By this time I was contracting in Poland so crossing over wasn't all that hard because I just wasn't feeling the Polish dishes. Anyway I remember going to the grocery store and buying all of my favorite "sides." I got fresh corn on the cob, potatoes, beans, fruits, etc and that was the start of the best decision I ever made in my life. 

The weight began to literally melt off. Each day I was down like 1 pound  and I was wasn't even exercising. It was later on that I started exercising. I think what also helped is I started fasting and completely cut out sodas. Soda has so much sugar in it that it's ridiculous. For my sweet tooth I started freezing fruit. Frozen grapes is amazing! Don't knock it until you try it. 

Once I started "seeing" my progress it was OVEERRRR do you hear me girl? Over... you. couldn't get me to go back to eating meat. Before you know it I was able to fit in a size small. I went crazy shopping. So I kept it up and the next thing you know I was down 50 pounds! So if you are thinking about it, girl just do it! Don't wait to Monday to start, lol. 

Check out my video below. It has plenty of additional details in it. If you have adopted to the plant based life style pleassseee drop me a comment below and tell me your story. :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment